Friday, November 30, 2012

The Indian taste

Recently a very dear friend of mine visited me and she cooked marvelous Indian food. I had a desire  today for something similar.
I tried to use double extent from spices as I would put in, just remembering her operance in my kitchen, but still it was half so spicy :) However even the curry bottle committed suicide and jumped into the pan (hallelujah for Paris and my laziness: I should have not prepare the spice, but could finally open the one I bought 2 years ago).
After I unfroze the big whitish something, it turned out not to be chicken thighs, but chicken skin. Why on Earth did I freeze something, I would never eat? Remains a riddle forever. So liver was the choice.

And the recipe:
I braised an onion on lot of oil (maybe 4 tbs), dropped half piece of hot paprika and 4 small cocktail (pronounced as "cock tail") tomato, poured some water on it. At this phase the curry bottle dove :D (Curry Madras), and I added more red paprika, pepper, chili and salt. Oh and a garlic (German one, it is much bigger than the Hungarian ... I can say this only about garlic, have no other data :))
At the end came the liver and at the very end the peas.


Pure, not stirred

After
About Indian food - similar to Hungarian - always the book "Shogun" came into my mind, where the Japanese explained to Anjin-san why it is important to have a separate house for the kitchen :D


Woman, when you move about in your household service your limbs sing like a hill stream among its pebbles. 
-- Rabindranath Tagore

2 comments:

  1. Looks great and authentic! I am sure, tasted very delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really delicious :D
      I ordered some Indian food from a restaurant, but I always have the feeling, that it is not authentic. However the restaurant called Himalaya and Nepal restaurant, so might be they don't use so much spice.

      Delete