Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ichi, ni, san, yon, go, roku, shichi... shichimi?

On my last Japanese lesson we learned the numbers and by the number 7 I was thinking, that I have a spice called Shichimi, bought in Kyoto, and whether it has anything to do with the number. Yes, it does, Shichimi means Seven tastes, because it is a mixture of 7 spices.

I had chicken thighs (without skin ;)), and the recipe I found is the following:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1tbs Shichimi
  • 1 piece of garlic
  • salt, pepper
I dipped the chicken into the flourmix, then into egg, and again into the mix. And would have fried into lots of oil, if I have had enough, thus something was hissed in the bottom of the pan - diabetic version. :) Five drops of sesame oil were added.


And to increase my creativity I painted today (it is not allowed to spit on it, I have a sensitive mood today). The original picture was found on facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment