Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The green elf - D7

Hikiiing, but on a very dirty road, I was full of mud up to my knees at the end :) Might be, that it was serious and not just for fun to put a cord across the road, and the route was closed? :D I had to climb 5-6x through wire, am starting to think maybe it was not a "do not cross " sign for animals :o
Let me introduce another friend of mine: the best boots so far, however not intentionally developed for hiking, rather for city roads, but it can handle everything! Halleluyah for Stuttgart, I bought it there 1 year ago for the Japanese trip.



But let's see the trip. Everything was against me: when I stopped my car, a falling leaf hit my face. A dog chased my car, the route was closed at the entrance etc... :) but I am dreadnought, nothing can stop me. And I was right!
The starting point was in a tiny little village called Lisvarrinane. If someone hangs out on this area and wanna try it: Dolmen Loop is the route's name (follow the white rabbit... ohm, the red arrow). I could see these mountains during my trip:


The route again lead me to the darkness, and seeing the muddy puddles, I became suspicious, maybe the other parts will be too wet too? What a smart ass...
But here came the most scary part: after I got out from the dark forest tunnel and clambered over a fency (there was a mini-ladder and next to it the red arrow sign), I found myself on a field with 50 cows... I know, it is my nickname, but they were so huge and staring at me, obviously did not like me. I really hoped that those 2 metal wires are enough to hold them back. Yes, it was. But still, they looked at me so uglily :p


After I survived the cows, I could enjoy the panorama towards the Ballyhoura mountains on the left side and the flat fields of Golden Vale and Glen of Aherlow on the right side. They were beautiful. These mountains should be climbed next time...


  



  

The top of the route was an ancient tomb on Slievenamuck, it was established around 3000 BC. On the top of the mountain, so it could be seen from far. I wouldn't say they were big stones - and of course I have to cross some wires to get closer :) And if they already took a table and some benches around, I had my lunch here. Yes, again in a cemetery :D



Some more pictures from the route:

  



  

  


  





  

In the rest of the day I was walking around in the city where my accommodation is (after I changed my clothes, because the "muddy up to the knees" outfit is not really suitable among people... or put it mildly: highly unlikely that I would be allowed to enter the Opera Ball). I stay in Cashel, you can see here the famous Rock of Cashel which is a big castle, and also a smaller one next to it.


  

Rock of Cashel from more side view:




  


And at the end the Candida... well, the kitchen stuff :)
I got fed up with the fat food, so I chose a thai restaurant today. And it was a good choice, the most nice and the most delicious! They really hit the good combination of spicies according to my taste (the good ratio of coriander and chili). The interior was beautiful. The chef came out, asked whether everything is ok and made a picture about me - for me :D I was the only guest.

  

  


P.S. I lov... nope, but the sitting room in my hotel. It seems, every place has a library with fireplace! Love it! It was promised also in my next hotel, I could hardly wait :)



No comments:

Post a Comment