Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The green elf - D6

Today I tested my navigation system, unfortunately my darling has been failed: he did not know a newly built highway and drew a line in the middle of nowhere when I drove :) However he is generally smarter than me. And if we are here, let me introduce you my little (big) partner in crime. I would say it is gray, but officially it is brown. So I gave him the name James Brown :)


Yepp, right wheel :(

Kilkenny
Hmm, disappointing. Industrial area outside, small town feeling inside, preserved some very old buildings surrounded with modern ones. I cheated heavily: used out the zoom-in function.

Saint Janice
Dark walls, bright ultramodern interior.



  

Black Abbey 1.
Because there are two black abbeys :) This one is the smaller. Dominican and I liked this one the most inside.


  

Black Abbey 2.
Huge abbey, but unfortunately under construction. It has lot of mosaik windows, but I did not manage to make nice pictures :( The interior was really too much for me.


Castle

  


  

    

And I have arrived to my new accommodation, in Cashel. Lovely small town - however I haven't seen higher buildings with more than 2-3-4 floors even in Dublin. And this is good that way.
The hotel has an antique style, am having a supersize double bed (for 3 persons, it is wider than its length... it's my personal tragedy, that I cannot use it out with someone :D But I can sleep sheer :D

  

     

To fulfill the ladies little belly desires, I have to mention the Irish foods, I haven't written about them yet. Of course it had a reason: it is very oily and they give too big portions. The fish&chips is marvellous, but the fish size is from my elbow to my wrist, the chips is like the ultrasize in McDonald's plus a handful thrown into the paperbag. The access oil is not removed.
The Irish breakfast consists of bacon, white and black pudding (similar to the Hungarian "hurka"), egg, sausage, mushrooms and beans in tomato sauce. Yes, I tasted it :D
Nearly everything has bacon, cheddar, maybe eggs or heavy cream. The taste is wonderful, but I am craving for vegetables. Oh, they give vegetables as side dish, but it is tasteless and overcooked.

Smoked haddock chowder with homemade brown bread

Fish&chips

No comments:

Post a Comment