Sunday, March 3, 2013

Savory grey mullet

Some months ago, when I still lived in Germany, some of my friends told me, that there is a new fish market opened near my hometown. I imagined something really biiig, like Tsukiji in Tokyo :)
In December I visited it with a friend, and the whole market turned out to be a small shop, tinier than my living room, and with unfriendly sellers! But if I was already there, bought some fishes seemed exciting. One of them was the grey mullet. And because it is Sunday, also Hinamatsuri in Japan (girl's day), it is a great time to cook something healthy after eating Poutine and "gesztenyepüré" (sweet chestnut puree with lots of whipped cream).. O.o

Here it is, a very easy recipe found on a forum, and transformed it a little bit according to my taste and fridge:
  • 200 g grey mullet
  • 2 tbs freshly pressed red orange juice
  • pepper mix
  • 6 leaves ramsons (bear garlic or bear leek)
  • 2 big long slides of bacon - baked and cut into small pieces
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumb
 This is also the order, how to place it into a pot and bake it for about 20 minutes on 175 °C.
One of the most deliscious fish I have ever eaten!
Note to self: breadcrumb could be roasted a bit before.


No comments:

Post a Comment