Friday, October 26, 2012

My first pumpkin

Alright, alright, I lied, the next post is still from home :)
I am looking at the Halloween pumpkin for years, but the patterns were so uglily scary, that I had no mood to work with them. But nowadays some really cute and beautiful ones popped up, however mostly as fruit-sculpture. No worries, who said that I can make only daunting blokes for Halloween? Let's remember my last year very traditional "Easter ham", which ended up as putting Parma ham into maki sushi :D
Because next week I am going to escape to colder climate - here it started to be too warm :D, I made my first pumpkin today.

I watched some videos, this was the most useful. Had a bit difficulties with finding the right pattern: I wanted to have a rose, but it looked too advanced for first try. :( I still insisted to the flower form, the winner was discovered on a Hungarian website. Made some extra leaves around the flower. Manually drawing the patterns took most of my time!

"Drawing" the pattern with a meat needle on the pumpkin:


After sprinkling flours the pattern is visible:


Voilá:


No comments:

Post a Comment