Thursday, December 22, 2011

Japan - D6

And the time has come to go further. To Kyoto by Shinkansen Kodama (Kodama means echo or bird).
I arrived at late afternoon, thus not much happened this day.
I got used to the Tokyo transportation in a few days, not much difference in Kyoto.
My new accommodation was a rather Western style small hotel in an old district called Higashiyama, with narrow streets, lot of wires, small brook with bridges, truly lovely area:

   

I was reading some newspapers and booklets in the hall, when the middle-age receptionist  guys came to me and pointed out one: this shrine is only 5 minutes walk from the hotel with lovely lighting, worth to see.
If he recommended it so nicely, why not see it? ;) And indeed, it was worth to visit it.
It consists of several buildings and wonderful garden. Shoes off, bags on inside the buildings, and even got a pouch for my umbrella.

The garden was illuminated with blue tiny bulbs, they got more and more stronger and finally went out.
Unfortunately I forgot to make video about it:

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment