Thursday, December 22, 2011

Japan - D5

Hanging out without any real plan day :) Instead of Nikko.

I was walking in the Ueno Park.

The first two pictures were made in front of my favourite shogun's shrine... unfortunately the building was under construction, a big poster hid it :(
On the second picture these colorful things are made from origami cranes, they symbolize the flame of piece (read more about it, including a very lovely and sad story of Sadako Sasaki)


A very cute little restaurant, I love this Japanese habbit to show the menu with plastic in the show-window, in front of the restaurant. Really very practical. And despite the Hungarian "tradition", here the foods look exactly the same, if not better live!


 

More sacred holiness :)

    

A day is not a nice one without nature photographing:

Accidentally I found a nice temple, Yushima Tenman-gū, just reconstructed some years ago, wonderful cypress smell everywhere. It was full of chrysanthemums, started with traditional wreathes, through bonsai to dolls dressed up with the flower. Amazing, what a creativity!



  

   


    
   
Oooh, those wagashis! The most beautiful sweetness in my opinion, sometimes really difficult to eat and destroy that beauty. In colorful forms, very often using seasonal patterns, like on the first picture some pumpkins and I also saw Halloween forms. On the second picture you can see plum-flower  with a small hint of umeboshi (pickled very salty and sour plum) in the middle. It was a really interesting taste!

   

For girls, the new autumn kimono collection:
    
     

And for the tiny ones, the new Disney collection:



The cream of the day was the Kabuki experience. Arrived in the last minute, because after the long walks I couldn't feel my back anymore, so I felt obligated to try out a Japanese massage :) Well, no woman had walked on me - till this day :) The massage technique was really good, cannot be compared to anything else. And the service itself - incredible, inexpressive. Still I try to tell it: the salon was in a small street's 3rd floor, in a flat - just run into their poster on the street nearby. Shoes off, slippers on. I made my choice, visited the bathroom and very politely I was asked whether I want to pay for service in advance :D Yes, got used to pay after in Europe. After paying, I could chose a suitable dress - or rather pajama. Because the Japanese girls are so small, I just put on the XL size - which turned out to be a sumo wrestler size :D No big deal, it is not the Vienna Opera Ball.
In the room there were several tables next to each other. They were not separated with anything. The word "gruppen" got a new meaning :)
There was a small hole for the face, which reminds me always to an old Jackie Chan movie, when a naked girl was pushed in - under him. No, I did not got this special service - even not with naked Japanese guy :(
But the girl immediately started on the top of me and trod my back. She continued on the ground with very soft finger movements.
After the massage she waited for me to dress up, accompanied me, opened the door, came after me and bowed very deeply "We are waiting you back" :) In this country I feel like a queen.

Back to the theater - sorry for jumping between the topics.
Surprisingly people do not dress formerly, although there were some old couples wearing kimono. But most of them were after work, wore what they had on on the whole day. I bought a nice sweater just for the occasion.
Three pieces were included in the tonight show in different styles and themes.
The first one was a drama, the second one an onnagata piece (onnagata is a male actor, playing woman role), where he can show beautiful feminine movements, dancing. The third piece was a comedy.
I asked for audio guide, which was synchronized with the play, was a really big help, however the actors were so expressive that even without the guide everything was pretty clear. I was even laughing during the comedy, the facial and body language was so definite.
The whole show was about 4-5 hours, but time just flew so quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment